Transform you bare, flat roof into a stylish green space with premium quality artificial grass in Monterey! Roof terraces are frequently overlooked parts of a home, but they hold so much potential, especially if you live in a small apartment or don’t have a yard. Synthetic turf offers the perfect way to create a beautiful outdoor area with amazing views right on your roof balcony.
Artificial Turf versus Real Grass for Roof Areas
Growing natural grass on a rooftop poses serious challenges. You have to determine if the rooftop can safely support the weight of the soil, grass and other components. You also have to consider how to drain the large amounts of water that pass through the surface every day.
On top of these, you also need to deal with the complicated maintenance needs of real grass. For many homeowners, having a natural lawn on the roof is more trouble than it’s worth.
In contrast, outdoor artificial turf for dogs in Monterey offers the best qualities of grass without its intense maintenance requirements. It’s also lightweight and can be installed on most common roof surfaces such as concrete. Finally, artificial turf not only helps you create a sky-high oasis, but it also provides other benefits that real grass can’t match.
Advantages of Artificial Grass for Rooftop Terraces
Artificial turf is one of the best ways to breathe new life into an unused roof area. Its unique benefits include:
- A long lifespan which can last up to 20 years
- Thermal insulation for energy savings
- Increased property value
- Eco-friendly and sustainable
- Ability to be used on lighter roof structures
- Resistance to weather influences
- Efficient drainage
- Minimal maintenance
- Year-round function
- Insulating capacities
- Shock-absorbent surface
- Non-slip and non-toxic materials
- Resistance to foot traffic and impact
- Soft and lush
What’s more, it doesn’t take long to enjoy your roof sanctuary once you decide to go for premium quality artificial grass in Monterey. The first step is to call your local installers to get your project started.
What Your Installer Will Consider
There are several elements your installer will consider before beginning your installation project. Here are some questions you’ll encounter during the planning stage:
- Is the roof watertight and remain so the whole time the turf is in use?
- Can the roof carry the weight of the turf on top of the traffic, water and other factors in the area?
- What safety barriers must be added to create a safe rooftop garden?
- What kind of design do you have in mind?
- How thick would you like the pile height to be?
- What activities will you most likely use the rooftop for?
Apart from these questions, your installer can also make recommendations to prepare your roof better for installation. Whether you’re thinking of installing turf on your rooftop or creating your own golf Pebble Beach putting green, trust our team of turf installers and designers to help you.
Turn Your Roof into a Highlight with Artificial Grass!
Monterey Artificial Grass is ready to help you transform your room into a relaxing outdoor escape! Call us today at 408-723-4954 to learn more about artificial turf and get a FREE quote for your project.